2011 is slowly ending, leaving the mysteries of 2012 to open. Christmas is done, exams have finished (for now), birthdays have been, and the seasons have come and past. It has been a long, eventful year. There have been wonderful ups, and devastating downs, but, all in all, 2011 has definitely been an amazing year for me, and, in this tag, you will learn some reasons why.
So, it's time to say, goodbye 2011... and hello 2012!
11 Highlights Of 2011
1. Writing two novels that I heard such amazing feedback on. Despite not getting published, I've got to remember that I am only fifteen - fourteen at the time of the first one. I have the rest of my life to get published. If I am hearing such fabulous comments now, what's it going to be like a year from now... two years from now... The future is bright, my angels.
2. Achieving a major academic scholarship for my school! I was freaking out and dancing around, as a geek does.
3. Starting this blog on the 6th of January. I will never forget every single moment. You guys have made me so happy, every day. I love you all!
4. Passing my mock GCSEs. Even if my Philosophy teacher told me that I could do better. When I got the top of the class. With an A*. (face palm)
5. Choosing everything for my new bedroom, and moving house in one piece. I love my new room, my new house, my new street... It's an achievement in itself.
6. Discovering who my true friends were.
7. Seing Bieber in concert... It had to be said.
8. My birthday in Brighton! I went swimming in the freezing cold, English sea, ate fish and chips, and one too many ice-creams. It was the best day. Insert embarrassing, unattractive yet sweet photograph of my mother and I here:
9. Having an amazing Christmas! And getting my sister's amazing presents. (Especially my older sister. 'How I Met Your Mother' themed book, what up!)
10. Going to Valencia for ju-jitsu, and experiencing the magic. (Blog post: here!)
11. Getting the flash-idea for my current novel. Which I am so excited about. But more on that next year... ;)
- To pass my GCSEs.
- To get a job when I turn sixteen! (Might have to bribe the older sister to get me a job in Abercrombie... hmm?)
- To read a hell of a lot more.
- To keep working on my writing, and keep chasing the dream. It's within my reach, I know it.
- To get in to the National Youth Theatre. My audition is in February. Again, more on this later.
- Start to care less and less about what people think, and keep being me. I have been working on this for a long time. The self-belief is slowly arriving.
- To spend less of my money on stupid things, and get more for my mother. She deserves it.
- To write more poetry. I really love this as a down-time, and I love the constraint of it.
- To get all of my homework in on time. Honestly, I am running out of excuses!
- To try and not be embarrassing when I meet new people. (No matter how many times I wish upon a star, this will never happen...)
- To keep working hard in school, to maintain what I have built myself over the past five years.
- To keep blogging and talking to you all.
Number 1 Product Of 2011
Whoa... I'm not a beauty blogger, so I am not on top form with all of this. But it will have to be between my two staple products: my MAC studio finish concealer, and my Maybelline define-a-lash mascara. I wear these pretty much every day. Couldn't live without them to make myself look decent before being unleashed out in to the world.
What Was Your Most Loved TV Show Of 2011?
TV addict right here! It has to be 'How I Met Your Mother.' Over this year, I have watched all six series three times, and get all fan-girly and excited when season seven started airing online. Hilarious and wonderful. Barney Stinson is my God.
What Was Your Most Loved Song Of 2011?
Oh, no... I can't chose just one! On the top of my head, Ed Sheeran just pops in to my head. He is my favourite singer, and his songs are so touching. I love them all. But I have loved so many songs, it is too hard to name one.
What Was Your Worst Decision/Flaw Of 2011?
I try not to think of 'mistakes' as bad things, but as stepping stones. So, I tend to step on them and move forward.
What Were Your Most Visited Websites Of 2011?
- Gossip websites. (I get bored.)
I hope you have all had a lovely 2011 like I have! Do this tag, and post it as a comment! I would love to read it.
Lots of love on the second to last day of 2011!